Client: Creedon Group
Conservation Consultant: Carrig Conservation
Architect: Reddy Architecture
Quantity Surveyor: Brendan Merry & Partners
Structural Engineer: Kavanagh Mansfield & Partners
M & E Consultant: Ramsay Cox & Associates
The conservation works to 10 Mill Street and the adjoining Mission Hall were carried out by DHD Construction Ltd from 2014 to 2017. 10 Mill Street has a long history and is a building of great architectural significance in Dublin. It was originally constructed the Brabazon family in the 1720’s but had suffered decades of vandalism, fire and neglect prior to the intervention of our Client.
The initial phase of the works involved the structural stabilisation and re-roofing of the derelict 18th century townhouse and 19th century Mission Hall. The second phase of the works consisted of the conservation and restoration of the building to its original splendor. The buildings are now head office to Teelings Whiskey Distillery and Staycity Group.
- Conservation and structural stabilisation of 18th century building.
- Underpinning of walls at basement level.
- Full roof re-construction to 19th century design.
- Cement render removal and existing brick façade restoration.
- Conservation of original timber wall paneling.
- Installation of a lift and modern staircase within the building.
- Modern office fit-out over four levels